Man, 34, arrested on suspicion of murdering millionaire hotelier released from hospital
A man arrested on suspicion of murdering a millionaire hotelier has been released from hospital, police said.
Sir Richard Sutton, 83, who owned a string of top hotels in London, died on Wednesday during an incident at a property near Gillingham, Dorset.
A woman in her 60s, named in reports as his wife, was also critically injured.
Dorset Police said on Friday evening that the 34-year-old suspect, who was known to the victims and arrested in west London, is assisting detectives with their inquiries.
He had been taken to hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening, the force added.
Detective Inspector Simon Huxter, of Dorset Police’s Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “Our thoughts remain with the family of the man who sadly died and the injured woman, who will continue to be updated with developments.
“A detailed and thorough investigation continues in an effort to establish the full circumstances of this utterly tragic event.”
Photos had shown the dramatic moment the suspect in the alleged murder of the tycoon was apprehended.
Armed police are said to have brought a Range Rover to a ‘hard stop’ in Chiswick after tracking the vehicle across five counties.
The arrest occurred 100 miles from the £2 million country home where Sir Richard, and a woman – understood to be his second wife Anne Schreiber, 65 – were stabbed.
Photos at the arrest scene show damaged vehicles, including a Range Rover and BMW, following a collision, and police treating a person next to the cars as armed officers stand nearby.
Other pictures show paramedics taking the man away on a stretcher.
Sir Richard was so badly wounded that police initially thought he had been shot, the Times reported.
The woman was in a critical condition after being airlifted to Southmead Hospital in Bristol.
The newspaper added the suspect had visited the grave of his father earlier on the same day.
Powered by Translate