Love Island mum revolted at ‘finding maggots and mould’ in baby’s Aptamil milk
A disgusted former Love Island, contestant claims she found “maggots and mould” in her baby’s son’s formula milk.
Hannah Elizabeth, from Halewood, Merseyside, claims she was opening a new Aptamil milk container for her 11-month-old son Reggie when she made the discovery.
The 30-year-old mum said she was “knocked physically sick” and wanted to warn other parents.
A spokesman for Danone, who produced the milk, said the firm believed the product was “damaged in transit”.
The ex-reality TV star told the Liverpool Echo : “My mum picked it up for me from Asda the day before. To think it was sitting in my kitchen all night has made me feel sick.
“When I went to open the box and started to take milk out, one of the tops just fell back.
“Normally they’re screwed on and secure, but this one looked manky. It was all black.
“The thought of it makes me sick. I looked inside the actual lid and the screw cap was just full of maggots.
“It has honestly knocked me sick and I’m fuming about it as well because it’s a baby’s milk.”
Hannah appeared on the first season of Love Island in 2015 and finished as a runner-up.
She had used some milk to feed Reggie in the morning, before emptying the box and making the discovery.
She said: “I’d took a milk out earlier that morning and used some of the milk, but because I didn’t take them all out I hadn’t noticed anything wrong with it.
“It was only later on when I started to take them out to throw the box away, that I thought ‘what the hell is that?’.
“It was over quite a few bottles and maggots were inside of one of the screw tops.
“I’m just worried now. I literally couldn’t believe it. It made my skin crawl , it was disgusting.”
Hannah’s mum had bought the box of milk from Asda in Hunts Cross and claims she was offered vouchers and an apology after complaining.
A spokesperson from Danone, the makers of Aptamil, said: “We’re sorry to hear about Hannah’s experience because we always want our products to reach parents in the best possible condition.
“All of our milk products are made and packed in a highly controlled, hygienic environment and each individual product is thoroughly checked for safety and quality before leaving our factory.
“We’ve already started our investigations and can confirm that this is an isolated incident and that we’ve had no other similar issues with this batch.
“From the photos we’ve seen, it looks like the product may have been damaged in transit.
“We’re committed to finding out what has happened, and we’ll keep in touch with Hannah as we investigate.”
Mirror Online has approached Asda for comment.
Powered by Translate