Married PC sobbed in front of paramedics after ‘strangling lover to death in car’

Married PC sobbed in front of paramedics after ‘strangling lover to death in car’


A married police officer sobbed uncontrollably in front of paramedics after allegedly strangling his lover to death after she exposed their decade-long affair to his wife.

PC Timothy Brehmer is on trial over the alleged murder of nurse Claire Parry in a Dorset pub car park on May 9.

Salisbury Crown Court heard the 41-year-old defendant attacked the mum-of-two after she sent a message to his wife revealing their affair, which had lasted more than 10 years.

The jury was shown police body-worn video footage which shows Brehmer sitting in shorts with a top and with blood visible on his body.

He is seen sobbing and when asked what had happened, he says: “I have been having an affair for years, she was going to tell my wife, I am afraid I am going to lose my boy, so I met her here.

“She told my wife, I don’t remember the rest.”

Paramedics also described in court their attempts to save the life of a nurse who was allegedly strangled by her police officer lover.

Paramedics told the court that they were called to the Horns Inn in Christchurch Road, West Parley, to the defendant who had suffered stab wounds from a penknife to his arm.

James Best, who was first at the scene, said he saw Brehmer but was called over by a man to Mrs Parry who was lying half out of the defendant’s Citroen car.

He said: “As I approached I saw a female laying half-in half-out of the Citroen.

“Her head was on the ground but her body was more in the car, her feet were in the driver’s footwell.

It looked almost as if someone had fallen asleep leaning on the door and it had then been opened.

“She had blue lips and it was obvious to me she was not breathing. I checked her for a pulse. She did not have one.”

He said that his colleagues carried out chest compressions and added that he recognised Mrs Parry when he found her NHS ID card.

“I know Claire through the job because we used to socialise, but that was a long time ago.

“Knowing that other people at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital would know her, I contacted the ambulance liaison so they could put the plans in place.”

Colleague Thomas Hull said that he saw a red band mark across Mrs Parry’s throat and said he carried out chest compressions.

He said: “A few times we managed to get her back, it (her pulse) was very slow and it was very weak.

“We got her pulse back enough to consider moving her so we got her into the ambulance.”

Mrs Parry, 41, was taken to the Royal Bournemouth where she died the following day.

A post mortem examination concluded the cause of death was a brain injury caused by compression of the neck.

Martin Brown, a police officer who attended the scene, said: “I looked at Tim and asked what had happened, he said: ‘I can’t remember,’ before crying hysterically.”

Brehmer, of Hordle, Hampshire, who at the time of the incident was seconded to the National Police Air Service based at Bournemouth airport, denies murder but has pleaded guilty to manslaughter.

The trial continues.


Powered by Google TranslateTranslate

Buradan Haber Kaynağına Ulaşabilirsiniz



Yorum bırakın